Our mission is to provide world-class clinical engineering and forensic engineering services. Why? Because world-class patient care depends on safe and effective medical technology.
Clinical engineering helps you cost-effectively manage medical technology through the entire equipment life-cycle. Forensic engineering helps you manage adverse events and avoid their recurrence.
Together, these professional engineering and management services help you maximize patient safety and minimize patient risk. That's what we strive to accomplish.
Baretich Engineering was established in 1997 by Matthew F. Baretich, P.E., Ph.D. We are based in Fort Collins, Colorado, north of Denver near the foothills of the Rocky Mountains.
We work with healthcare organizations of all sizes, across the United States and internationally. We collaborate with other leading consultants to tackle large, multidisciplinary projects.
For more than twenty years we have maintained our commitment to writing, teaching, learning, and providing excellent clinical engineering and forensic engineering services.
Some of Our Clients
Matthew F. Baretich, P.E., Ph.D.
- Ph.D., Hospital and Health Administration, University of Iowa
- M.S., Biomedical Engineering, Iowa State University
- B.S., Electrical Engineering, Iowa State University
- Certified Clinical Engineer (CCE)
- Certified Professional in Healthcare Risk Management (CPHRM)
- Certified Professional in Patient Safety (CPPS)
- Fellow of the American College of Clinical Engineering
- Fellow of the American Institute of Medical and Biological Engineering
- Recipient of the AAMI 2017 HTM Leadership Award
SELECTED RECENT PUBLICATIONS
- Computerized Maintenance Management Systems for Healthcare Technology Management (3rd edition, with Cohen). AAMI. 2017.
- AEM Program Guide: Alternative PM for Patient Safety. AAMI. 2017.
- Electrical Safety Manual (2015 edition). AAMI. 2015.